Winning Smiles Orthodontics, Invisalign, Clear and Transparent Braces, and Teeth Straightening for Adults.
What are transparent braces?
They are a proven method for straightening teeth using a series of custom-made virtually undetectable aligners.
How do they work?
Each aligner is precisely calibrated and manufactured to custom-fit over your teeth and gently moves them into alignment. There are no metal wires. You can still enjoy your favourite foods & can even wear them while playing sports or woodwind or brass musical instruments.
Are transparent braces suitable for adults?
Certainly the vast majority of transparent brace patients are adults.
How much do they cost?
The cost depends upon the complexity of the treatment but most cases will fall within the £2,200 - £3,500 range.
How do I get started?
We take impressions and x-rays of your teeth and work out a treatment plan using state of the art computer technology. You will be able to view a virtual 3D image of your final smile before deciding to go ahead with treatment. If you are happy with the proposed result then the treatment plan will be translated into a series of medical grade clear plastic aligners. Choose from Invisalign; Six Months Smile; Simpli5; or Inman Aligners.
● Invisalign aligners are clear and almost totally invisible. ● Removable so you can take it out when you eat. ● No metal wires or brackets. ● The treatment is planned on a computer image of your mouth so it is possible to see a computer image of the finished result before you commit to treatment. ● Can be used on teenagers as well as adults.
● More expensive than other systems, typically £2500-4500 depending upon complexity of case. ● Longer treatment times, usually around 18 months. ● There are certain tooth movements which are harder to achieve using the Invisalign system.
● One of the quickest systems available, typically 6-10 months. ● Both the brackets and the wire are tooth coloured so it is very hard to detect unless you are up very close. ● Less expensive than Invisalign, typically £1500-£3000 depending upon the complexity of the case.
● More visible than Invisalign. ● The wires and brackets take a while to get used to. ● Patients speech may be affected slightly for the first few days. ● Patient will need to visit us every few months to have the wires changed. ● Only suitable for adults.
Click picture to zoom
This is a simplified version of the Invisalign system which performs very minor tooth movements at a much lower cost. Further details are available from the Simpli5 web site.
● Like the Invisalign system the aligners are almost invisible. ● Greatly reduced cost, typically £959-£1400.
● Can only correct very minor irregularities.
Speed Braces and Inman Aligners
Speed Braces, also known as 'Inman Alligners' . The cost is generally around £1200. Speed braces are useful when crowding is mild and is confined to just the front six teeth. Treatment time is generally around sixteen weeks. Further details are available from the Inman Aligners web site.
● The cheapest system available, usually around £950-£1800. ● You can remove the aligner when you eat.
● Quite bulky in the mouth. ● Much more visible than the other systems. ● More limited in the range of movements which it can achieve.